Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TODAYS BAKING EFFORT (pic)


Since watching Extra on chanel 9 lastnight, I saw the recipe for these biscuits on there, sooo somple that I had to make them today.. I used, Jam, smarties, freckles and peanuts to dress them up... Easy recipe, however very bad for the hips, thighs, ass, arms, stomach and where ever else the bad stuff likes to sit.. BUT.. good for a quick fix for the kids after school. Ayisha even helped me decorate with the smarties.. One for the cookie, one for her, one for the cookie one for her... :) She did try to wash the wooden spoon, and didnt do a bad job of it, however, it was the whole kitchen floor that needed mopping afterwards.

5 comments:

  1. Cynical bitch ALERT! Q. Why does a bride wear white on her wedding day? A. So she matches the white goods. What is it about baking that makes us feel like good wives and mothers? Even better if we let the kids help. Too bad if we end up screaming maniacs cleaning up floury concrete for the next week - we bonded with our children and our whitegoods! They look yum (a little too yum) you very clever gal - I can smell them from here. You're very brave for getting in there and baking knowing full well one of those puppies could throw your emotional baggage out for a week! Still, they look worth it! Now, where can I find a cookie.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, thanks Shaggs.. And, I have been so good.. I havent even had 1 cookie.. The kids love them, so they should be pretty much gone by the end of today.. Then I wont have to look at them anymore.. Lucky I really am not that into sweets.. Savoury is my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same same same on the savouries! The Woolworths low fat chips have been a god send during the difficult times. Have you found your interest in sweets has increased since the band? I love a bit of chocky now - I think sometimes savouries and carbs are just too hard to come by and be able to tolerate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is funny you say that about the sweets. I have infact been eyeing off the easter choccies in the supermarkets, luckily if I have one tiny choc egg, i will have had enough, gets a bit too sickly for me.. I have never ever been a fan of easter.. But I guess you are right about some of the savoury things being a little hard to get down. But the sour cream and chive Delites with dipped in cottage cheese or some other kind of dip are my fave :)

    ReplyDelete