Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MY NAME IS NENE & I'M A SALAD A HOLIC

Ok, now anyone would think that I love going to get a needle in my stomach.. (cringe).. because today i am going once again to get another fill. This will be my 4th fill.. I am a little excited because I do know that I have lost some amount of weight in this past fortnight since my last fill. My scales here at home are mental, they change from minute to minute, but the digits that are coming up now, are less than before, which I guess is a good sign.
And you know something else I am noticing..? This frikken cold weather.. I mean come on, I have only lost around 21kg, and am feeling this cold weather like never before. I have always been a fan of winter (QLD winters).. But its only the beginning of the cooler change and already I am dreading it.. I lay in bed kicking and thrashing my legs about (not for the reason you would think) but because I am cold and trying to warm up. I even put an extra doona on the bed yesterday. But what I am thinking is, at least I can try to lose the bulk of my weight through winter whilst hiding under big warm clothes, then by the time the summer comes, I would come out of my cacoon looking like a , well I dont know, looking like someone who has dropped a lot of weight.. and hopefully without the sags..
I'm thinking of a big haircolour change.. I have had dark hair for so long now, I was toying with the idea of going blonde again.. But the more I think about it, its just a bit too much upkeep for my liking.. but the problem is that I am getting so many grey hairs on top, that the dark hair colour just makes them stand out.. what to do, what to do...
Another startling revelation!!! I love salad... now this is something that I never thought I would say.. never ever.. In the last couple of weeks, I have really been getting into salad. Ats a simple salad, but so tasty.. I have always looked at people who just order a salad as a mean, and thought.. How the bloody hell is that gonna fill ya? Well, I, by choice have been doing the whole salad thing for meals.. it fills me, and I feel great afterwards. Here's what I put in..

Chopped/Shredded Cos Lettuce
Slice and diced Tomato
Sliced and Diced Red Onion
Sliced Cucumber
Only a few cubes of low fat Cheese
A Handfull of Changs Original Fried Noodles
A Handfull of Cashews
Drizzle of Paul Newmans Creamy Ceasar Salad Dressing
I put the dressing through the salad before adding the noodles and cashews.. the noodles are great for the crunch factor.. I have even eaten this for breakfast.. I'm addicted.. And if i make a big salad of this up, I keep it in the fridge, and just add the noodles and cashews and dressing whan I am ready to eat it.
Well I'd best dragg my ass away from the computer so I can get myself organized for the day.. I will fill you in on my fill later..
xx Nene

5 comments:

  1. I figured out what kind of gadget google/blogger needs to make. I want a gadget on blogger that converts kg to pounds or visa versa so I dont have to google it every time! LOL..

    I also had to look up what a doona is and how long a fortnight...I am becoming soooo smart!


    SALADS? I have always wished I liked lettuce so I could eat a salad. maybe I need to start small and work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nene, I too am feeling the cold for the first time that i can remember. I am sitting here typing with a jumper on and its only 13 degrees!!!! OMG! Soft!

    I am now drawn to salads as well, but when you think about all the foods I can't eat, I guess there wasn't much left...lol.

    I have copied your salad recipe and I am having it for dinnner tonight.

    AMY, the gadget you are looking for is on my blog, go to my blog and follow the link to the gadget and you will be able to copy/paste.

    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That salad sounds fabulous - I'm going to give it a go on the weekend.

    And down here in Sydney, I've had the extra blanket out and the electric blanket on (low) for a month now. I'm such a wuss.

    Hope the 4th fill goes well and congrats on your weightloss.. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh.... I LOVE crunchy chang's noodles in salad... they are the BEST! And... most of the packets have the YUMMIEST recipe for a salad dressing on the back... it's like a sweet, sesame... asiany dressing :)

    Glad you're back :)

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should get an all over colour one or two shades lighter than your present colour and then get them to put a few "caramel" foils through to give it that lighter effect. You can always go lighter from then on with either the basic colour or the foils.......sneak up on it!! :)

    ReplyDelete