Friday, September 18, 2009

BAND DRAMAS

I havent posted for a while as you would have noticed, and at least I have some things to tell you all.. Over the last week, I have been in a world of discomfort and not been able to even eat half a small tub of kfc gravy (example) without being extremely full and in quite a bit of pain and discomfort.. I started to get worried that it could be a real sinister problem with the band, as the pains were where the band is located, but really like nothing I have experienced with the band yet. Even to drink was causing some deal of discomfort, and all I could think was perhaps I had a dialated esophogus (however its spelled), and my band was corroding, or worst that I would need my band removed/replaced.. Soo, I made an appointment with my band doctor, and even she was a little worried.. So she asked me if anything had gotten stuck recently, and I explained that a few days earleir I had a small episode at a restaurant and then the discomfort started the next day... Sooo, she took 1ml of my fill out of the band and said that I have have caused inflamation from the stuckage and to get back to her on friday (today) to let her know how I am going.. If it was no better, I will have to go for a barium swallow.
Sooo, over the next few hours, the discomfort subsided, and I was actually able to eat something.. I had even been getting dizzy and extremely tired due to lack of food.. and didnt even want to talk due to the discomfort, it was like someone giving my esophogus a chinese burn..(sort of)
But another of my conerns was that I was sailing along losing weight very well, and then all of a sudden when I was unable to eat a pinch of crap, my weight went up by 1.5kgs.. WTF was with that?? So, now I am doing good again, I will go back in on monday to be filled back to where I was.. Now that the inflamation would have gone down..
I will say that in this last day of "being able to eat without much abandon" has been fun, but a little too dangerous for my likings.. I took Ayisha to Sizzler (smorgasboard restaurant) yesterday for her birthday and was able to eat a whole bread and butter sized plate of food.. It was good, but I felt guilt afterwards.. Not that I had lots of bad stuff though, just the portion hat I was able to eat.. But knowing this at 1ml restriction, has made me a bit more relieved at the fact that I probably wouldnt have to get my whole fill taken out if we were to travel back to Ghana (Africa).. I definately wouldnt was much restriction over there, as I wouldnt want complications in a developing country and their bread and alot of their foods are sooo yummy that I would want to have some of everything.. lol .. bad I know.. Some habbits never die..
Soo, with little restriction, and a week end ahead of me, I am going to do my best and be a good girl (foodwise)... but it is a little tempting to tuck into some of the things that I havent been able to handle.. Will see how I go..
xx Nene

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Better to not be that tight hey? And definitely loosen up for Ghana A. Great food and B. cant be fussy during those times and C. cant afford a medical emergency. And definitely dont feel guilty about one small plate of food! You nut job (arent we all?) remember - less food quite often means more weight!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont go missing for that long again! Almost 2 weeks! I am glad you got that figured out and it is a good lesson for all of us about what inflamation can do. Love the pics, and that blue is a beautiful color on you!

    ReplyDelete