Monday, November 30, 2009

THE BIG PINEAPPLE

Hello ladies, I hope you all have had a great week end.. Well yesterday morning (sunday) we were trying to think of what we could do for the day, with it being so hot and all.. So we decided to jump in the car and head for the sunshin coast.. and where did we end up??? The Big Pineapple... And I must say, What a let down.. That place has gone downhill so much that I dont know how it survives. As you will see below, we made a bee line for the "Famous Parfait Deserts" that the Big Pineappple is also famous for.. as as you will see in the pic below, we bought 2 Banana Split deserts to share among the 4 of us. For a cost of $20.. RIP OFF!!! it actually looks nice in the pic, but in reality, the fruit they used it it was rotten, and very soggy..
They look excited to tuck into it, but they soon lost their enthusiasm.

Is Montel trying to take a bite??? lol..


And as usual, a pic of me for good measure.. the lighting wasnt the best though. Bit I am starting to realise that I dont look like such a huge blob next to hubby..
Now I have a question for all you banded girls that like to indulge in or even binge in the occassional alcoholic beverage....Have any of you found that you can no longer drink as much as before?? I mean, I can drink about 4 drinks (usually bourbon and coke zero or pepsi max, or something similarly fizzy) and although I might feel a lil tipsy, and feel like drinking more.. I physically cant because I will begin to feel sick..not sure if it from all the bubbles.. or that i am drinking too fast... any ideas?? Not saying that I want to get roaring drunk, but I want to at least be able to enjoy a liquid xmas/new year, if I cant indulge in the foodier parts of it.. lol
Anyway, I've had minimal sleep overnight, and want to get some rest before I start work this afternoon.
Catch you later..
xx Nene




5 comments:

  1. Hi !! At home in townsville we have this place called cactus jacks and they do brilliant cocktails.. I'm totally in love with their kahlua margaritas but after 2 I find I'm heading to the nearest bathroom/pot plant to pb cos I'm so over full.. It's crazy !! Hope that helps chick !
    Sami Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunatly I don't have a problem, mind you I drink wine. I have found that if I drink carbonated drinks I do bloat and cannot eat anything.

    Fizzy drinks are few and far between for me.

    I have found that I do get drunk very easily since having the band and tend to get very hung over.... not that it has stopped me! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and by the way.....

    YOU ARE LOOKING HOT!

    You will have caught up to me in kg's before I know it!

    I have made an appointment with Dr B for the 29th of January for my one year check up. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we catch up when I'm down.

    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven;t found that I have a problem with the bloat part, I typically drink things with soda water or redbull and everything is just fine, BUT I realized from this weekend that I cannot drink like I used, or evern attempt to keep up with my collegues. On Saturday I decided to go out for one drink and was convinced to stay for more, after 3 small vodka, pucker drinks and a shot I was done for. I learned my lesson, one drink one water or I am toast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, I'm getting come comments this time.. Is it because I mentioned GROG??? LOL... YES Bel, we MUST catch up this time.. Let me know the exact dates, and i will organize to be off work, so we can do something..
    Thanks everyone for your input.. I will continue to test my limits over the silly season, and hope not to get too damn silly though. :)

    ReplyDelete