Tuesday, March 9, 2010

UPDATE

Hi Everyone, first and formost, thank you to those of you who offered your best wishes.. As at now, Baby Ashton is still in hospital, his oxygen levels are still up and down, and just when we think he is getting better and ready to go home, he hits an all time low and has more of a set back.. Soo, right now as I type this post, my sister would be in the operating theatre getting her band installed.. Her partner (Ashtons' Daddy Damien) is at the local hospital staying by their baby's side, whilst I will be on hand to support my sister. She is in a hospital in the city.. About 30 mins away from home. I am also looking after my neice (9 yrs old) so Damien doesnt have to leave Ashton. It's taken alot of fine tuning and routine changing, but I am so glad that my sister is getting this done. I have warned her that in the first week, she may begin to wonder "WHY THE HELL DID I DO THIS??" but when the discomfort is over, she will be glad she did.

I went with Tracey to see the surgeon yesterday, who is also the surgeon who did mine (Blair Bowden, www.blairbowden.com.au) It was the first time I had seen him since my 4 week check up. So he said that I was looking good, and progressing well, blah blah blah, although when I was on the lift going up to his office, I was sucking my tummy in and wishing I had more of a weightloss to boast of. Oh well, he seemed impressed anyway. I wasnt there for me, I was there to support my sister.
I cant wait to see her progress, and I just know she will do so well with this band. Probably even better than I have.. She's alot more focused than I ever have been. Speaking of which, i really need to get back in to Dr Duncombe and get about half a ml fill.. It seems, I can eat just a bit too much at the moment..Although, my weight hasnt gone up any.. thank god..
Maybe when she is getting through the liquids and mushys, I will try curbing my bad eating and snacking ways too..Gotta get back to the plan..
Anyway, I really must go, and i will keep you all posted..
Thanks Again everyone..
xx Nene

2 comments:

  1. Will continue saying prayer for your nephew and wish your sis a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so tough be in hospital with a little one. I will keep praying for him and his family. I hope his oxygen levels go up and he can head home soon so that mum and bub can recover together :-)

    ReplyDelete