Sunday, November 14, 2010

VOMITTING BLOOD

Well my dear luvlies, let me say, I gave myself a great scare.. Yes, at 11:15pm on Friday night, I was woken from my slumber with a horrible scratchy feeling inside.. kind of in my chest and around my band site area.. I got out of bed to get a drink in hope that it would ease the discomfort.. Sip...sip...sip.. hmmm feel a little pool of coldness gather within my chest... then off I race to the bathroom sink.. gag...gag... up comes the water (bringing up cold water feels kinf of strange dontcha think??) anyway, after the amount of water I drank exited my mouth, I gagged once more and up came a splatter of blood, a generous amount of blood.. so much infact that I thought perhaps bringing up the water had caused my gum to open again (having had 2 teeth removed around a week ago) but no, my gum was fine, no sign of blood coming from there, then up I chuck again.. more blood.. Here I was leaning over the bathroom sink (I cant bare to throw up into a toilet) I was scared, tired, my coochie was itching like a bitch (re- lichen sclerosis) I was thinking please dont be anything serious, I have a big not to mention extremely expensive trip/vacation coming in 2 weeks.. I so dont want anything to happen that could jeapodise it, but most of all I was so scared..I went back to the fridge and got more water, I tried to sip it and see if it would stay down, I felt a gurgle and gagged again, this time my saliva was slightly coloured with blood, but not the deep red from before.. I was too rattled to go back to bed, so I layed on the lounge and watched tv for a while, I kept sipping on water.. Hubby got up when he heard me watching tv.. I asked him what it means when you vomit blood.. he sounded concerned and just said "You need to see a doctor".. I eventually went back to bed, with a million things going though my mind, and found a few hours sleep before having to start work at 5:30am.. Once at work, I had a small flavoured milk, just to try to line my gurgling stomach, but it felt like swallowing razor blades.. But I finally got to thinking... I recalled that not long before going to bed, I took a Folic Acid capsule, and perhaps I didnt take it with enough water.. ANYWAY, I called my band nurse's Emergency number, and as it turns out, she was in another state, but she sent my number to another doctor who could help me.. cutting out the middle crap... I went to this doctors home, and explained what I thought about taking the folic acid capsule before bed.. he said I was right on the money, and that what would have happened was that the capsule had gotten stuck to the lining of my esophogus, and caused swelling, which was the reason for the scratchy discomfort that make me want water, then the swelling wouldnt let the water go down, then the gagging dislodged the capsule from the lining, causing the bleed... THANK GOD thats all it was...So I had an unfill.. I did have 3.5ml in a 5ml band, he took out 2.5ml.. Hello unrestriction... what a feeling of freedom.. but the funny thing is, all I feel like eating if healthy chunky salads and meat.. I have been living on slops because my band was too fricken tight..

So, I hope this is a warning to all banded luvlies out there.. drink lots when taking a capsule.. because they are coated in that plasticy looking shell, they get quite sticky..I'm too scared to ever take one again.

I best end here.. hubby needs to computer to study for his exams.. thank god I get Wifi tomorrow..
xx Nene

2 comments:

  1. That's frightening!!!!! I'm so glad it ended well (and that it didn't happen when you were on your holiday!). Take care and thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are fine. I too wonder about my vitamin capsules not dissolving. Sometimes I have to skip my pills when I can't drink a lot. Glad you are craving the good stuff. Maybe that will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete