Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hello Hello Hello

Wow, it's been so long since I posted,( heck, even blogger has changed a little) and although I have been wanting to post, getting the time to sit and focus on myself doesn't come easy. These 2 little button cherubs, pictured below, are a whirlwind. Now aged 14 months, the past year is pretty much a blur.. But a good blur. They have brought so much joy to my life. But right now, I'm going to get down to my little weight loss update..
I am currently weighing 103.1kg.(227lb) Which is my lowest since getting banded. HOWEVER.. I don't have my band to thank for this most recent loss. As I last posted, just after the birth, I was weighing 120kg (264lb), well my weight see saw'd for the last year, but pretty much staying around the 120kg mark. Give or take 3 kgs.. But then I come into contact with a woman who had dropped a shitload of weight, very quickly. What is it?? The HCG Diet.. I know that it is popular in America, but this was the first I had heard of it.. Well I have been on it for 33 days, and have lost 14kg (30lb) . It is one of the only diets that I have ever stuck to, and is very strict, but when I get to weigh myself each morning, and see a difference on the scales, it spurs me on to continue. I am feeling physically great.. But once again, it's the emotional side that needs work.. Also it's hard to explain to some people that even though I have the band, I need to go on a diet.
Sometimes I wish I knew about this diet before i got the band.. BUT, would I have stuck to it back then? I hadn't had a taste of how being slimmer felt. But now, I am so anxious to get below 100kg (220) before Christmas. And with this my new intention to make myself more accountable and focus somewhat on myself, I will keep you all ( if I have any followers left) in the loop. So, if any of you that are on my facebook notice that I am slipping in the blog updates, please give me another nudge :) (Thanks Lara)

Well right now, I am at work, and things are getting hectic. I will get back in the next day or 2 and post some new pics for you to see. And I will try to get my blogging mojo back.. lol

xx Nene

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear from you! Congratulations on the weight loss. However we do it, however we get the inspiration and motivation, it's the right way. I'm sure the band is helping in its own way anyway.
    You are looking great and your little princess' are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete